Do you love bacon and chocolate? If you’re like me and absolutely love both, then you should be excited about this great recipe that combines the two favorites!
This combination of sweet and salty is surprisingly delicious and the recipe is quick and easy! It took me about 15 minutes to mix all of the ingredients together with a 30 minute bake time. A nice touch to the brownies is to place extra bacon on top of the brownie batter. If you decide to do this, cook the bacon a little less as it will continue to cook in the oven.
I was surprised at how well this brownie recipe turned out. The brownie was rich and chocolaty which combined great with the salty, crisp taste of bacon. One thing is for sure, this dessert is bound to please bacon lovers!
Bacon Brownie Recipe
- ¼ pound of bacon, cut into ¼ inch dice
- ½ cup melted butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup all- purpose flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease 8- inch square baking dish.
- Fry bacon until nearly crisp, about 5 minutes. Remove bacon and allow to cool. Optional: add 2 tablespoons of honey while frying bacon.
- Mix melted butter, brown sugar, white sugar, and vanilla extract in bowl; mix in eggs.
- Sift flour, cocoa powder, and salt together in bowl; add to the egg mixture. Fold in bacon and chocolate chips; pour into the baking dish.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Allow brownies to cool for 20 minutes before cutting.
Guest blog written by Abby Mayer, Ohio Pork Council Intern.