Chicken nuggets are an all-time kid favorite, but have you ever tried pork nuggets? Pork nuggets, or easy pork cubes, are a great way to add some variety to your home menu!
How to make EASY pork cubes at home
1) Slice pork loin into ¾ inch chops.
2) Cut chops into even sized cubes & place in a plastic bag
3) Lightly coat pork with McCormick’s TM Sweet & Smoky Rub,
4) Place in refrigerator for 20 minutes up to overnight
5) Pre-heat skillet to medium-high
6) Add pork to skillet, cover and wait approximately 3 minutes until pork is white half way up the side.
7) Turn once, cook for another 2-3 minutes
I make hundreds of samples of these EASY pork cubes or pork nuggets at events to prove that pork can be juicy and cooked quickly. Many people are surprised at how tender and enjoyable these bite size pieces of pork are because they are used to eating dry pork chops.
I spend a good bit of time on the job answering, “Why are my pork chops always dry?” There IS an easy answer – dry pork chops have been cooked too long! When pork is overcooked the tender, juicy attributes that we love in meat disappear.
This same recipe could be made using pork chops instead of pork cubes. While cubes and cutlets cook in about five minutes a ½” chop only takes about eight minutes to cook. As I like to say at events when I’m cooking and handing out these samples, “If you can tie your shoe you can make this! If you try and the pork is tough please try again and cook it a little less each time until you enjoy it because eating properly cooked pork will change your life in the best of ways!”